5.01.2008

Fauxtography

"Only boring people are ever bored" 
-Duane Michals

I had the pleasure of going to see one of my favorite photographers, Duane Michals, speak this afternoon at school.  There is so much I could talk about, but it would probably take days. Without a doubt he was the most entertaining lecturer (if you could even call him that) that I have seen.  He is a 76 year old man with a mouth like a trucker, a sense of humor bigger then this world, and a knack for the narrative.  He was unbelievably motivational and opinionated, and I can honestly say that my life is forever changed.  I bought his book Foto Follies: How Photography Lost Its Virginity on the Way to the Bank and he signed it saying "To Jamie with the lightning LIGHTNING RODS IN HER MOUTH, Dr. Duanus"








This is a series he did titled "Grandpa Goes To Heaven." It's a perfect example of his mixture of story telling and humor.  Sorry for the tiny tiny pictures, it was the only online source I could quickly find with the whole series.

No comments: