3.04.2008

...and you may find that we're alright.

I ranted about this on myspace, but never posted it here, so here it goes...

So about 4 or 5 months ago I was asked to do a photo shoot for a massage therapy place in Philadelphia that my neighbor was making a website for. I did it for super cheap, a whopping $75, but never got paid. A few weeks after the shoot my neighbor told me the owner didn't like the photos and refused to pay. Which is not right, even if she didn't like the outcome she would still have to pay for the service.

Out of curiosity a few nights ago I decided to check the website just to see how the re-shoot, that someone else took, came out. Come to my surprise, my pictures were being used on the website with no photo credit and of course no payment. I was furious and immediately tried to get in touch with my neighbor. I talked to him about the situation and he took all the blame for not putting the photo credit up and corrected it right away, but he said he hasn't talked to the owner of the business and had a difficult time getting in touch with her in the first place. I explained to him that earlier I had spoke to my mom about the situation and she was about ready to call an attorney and that if I wasn't paid by next week I would have asked for an amount that was way more then $75. Then magically he got in touch with her the next day! So I'm still only going to get 75 bucks, but that's a lot better then nothing. That is the story of my first paid photography job, and now I already have something extra for my resume.

Here is a sample of the photos I took:

This is just the main waiting room, I also took pictures of the massage rooms, steam room, the owner and one of her employees, the front desk, and then details of the decor.

1 comment:

Lou Caltabiano said...

I'm so happy you got it resolved, kinda. But it's definitely something we're going to have to deal with. I can't believe they tried to jerk you around.